Committees in BC
Contact the Invasive Plant/Species Committee in your area for information, educational materials, field days and other activities.
- 1. Coastal Invasive Plant Committee - Covers the geographic areas of Vancouver Island, the Gulf Islands and the Regional Districts of Powell River, Strathcona, and Mount Waddington on the Mainland Coast.
- 2. Greater Vancouver Invasive Plant Council - Covers all lands within the Metro Vancouver Regional District.
- 3. Fraser Valley Invasive Plant Council - Covers the boundaries inclusive in the Fraser Valley Regional District, from east of Hope to west of Abbotsford/Mission, and north to Skatin and Lil’wat territory.
- 4. Sea to Sky Invasive Species Council - Covers all lands in the Sea to Sky Corridor from Lions Bay to height of land on the Duffy Lake Road (Hwy 99).
- 5. South Okanagan Similkameen Invasive Plant Society - Covers all lands within the Regional District Okanagan-Similkameen (RDOS), including the municipalities of Summerland, Penticton, Oliver, Osoyoos, Keremeos and Princeton.
- 6. Boundary Weed Management Committee - Covers all lands within the Kettle River Drainage; the Boundary portion of the Regional District of Kootenay Boundary.
- 7. Central Kootenay Invasive Plant Committee - Covers the Central Kootenay Regional District and areas A & B of the Kootenay Boundary Regional District from the Paulson Summit East.
- 8. East Kootenay Invasive Plant Committee - Covers all land within the Regional District of East Kootenay (approximately 26,000 km2).
- 9. Central Okanagan Regional District (CORD)There is no invasive plant committee in the Central Okanagan. Please direct inquiries to CORD.
- 10. North Okanagan Regional District (NORD) -There is no invasive plant committee in the North Okanagan. Please direct inquiries to NORD.
- 11. Columbia-Shuswap Regional District (CSRD) - There is no invasive plant committee for the Columbia-Shuswap. Please direct inquiries to CSRD.
- 12. Southern Interior Weed Management Committee - Covers the Thompson-Nicola Regional District, with an area of 45,279 square kilometers. Includes ten municipalities (Ashcroft, Barriere, Cache Creek, Chase, Clearwater, Clinton, Kamloops, Logan Lake, Lytton and Merritt) as well as ten electoral areas.
- 13. Cariboo Chilcotin Coast Invasive Plant Committee - Covers the Cariboo Regional District and the Central Coast Regional District. This ranges from Hixon north of Quesnel, south to 70 Mile House, east to Wells Grey Park, and west to the Pacific Ocean.
- 14. North-East Invasive Plant Committee Fort Nelson Invasive Plant Management Committee - The NEIPC covers all areas of the Peace River Regional District. The FNIPMC covers all areas within the Northern Rockies RegionalMunicipality boundary and is approximately 85,000 square km.
- 15. North-West Invasive Plant Council - Covers four regional districts: Bulkley-Nechako, Fraser Fort George, Kitimat-Stikine, and Skeena Queen Charlotte; the Stikine Region adjacent to the Yukon border, and all municipalities within these regions.